Thursday, March 12, 2009

That Nice, Toe-Tapping Feeling

I sit here. Such a wonderful day. I close my eyes and feel the vibrations under my skin. I want to sing a long, and I do. Well, sort of. My blood dances in my veins, and my toes start tapping.

Life beckons me, waving its finger so. I close my eyes and grin. The world is crazy. Crazy, crazy. My thoughts smile in my mind, running around excitedly, giggling, sighing. I find it harder and harder to sit still.

I want to know, I want to know, I want to know! What are the plans You have for my life? What are they? There are so many possibilities!

It does not matter what it is, though. I want to do it. I bob my head, side to side. I’m sure there’s music playing somewhere. ‘Cause I can hear it. I hear it, although I can’t distinguish every note or instrument. It’s all just kind of pooled together. Like a swirling vat of melting crayons in a pot. I stand and stare, eyes wide and shining. A strange kind of beauty.

It reminds me of me. Of what You’ve done with me. Taking this and taking that, some of You and some of me, and mixing it all together so that we may become one. So that I may become beautiful, like You.

I smile. It was time for a nice, toe-tapping feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling, Praise God

Ana said...

YAY!